Sunday, February 24, 2008

Variety of Things...

Let me see... I have lots on my mind so I figure this blog will cover it all...

This morning at church I sang the special.. Thankfully my husband worked with me yesterday evening rehearsing to prepare, and he made me a wonderful cd split track so I had a little help in my moniter speaker to keep me on key. All in all I think it went pretty well, even Mike made mention of the performance quality versus the actually sound... Guess I turned on the performer in me... Oh , I did "You raise me Up" by Selah... if you don't know the song you should search it out... I really like the words and the message... I also added a reading to the instrumental interlude... Psalm 36: 5-7 (NIV)...

An answered prayer today!!! for the first time , we actually had 2 Sunday School classes and it looks like we will have 2 classes for a while... Might eventually end up with 3. It doesn't seem like a lot but for our little church , it is huge... So the younger class (2-4 years old) and the older class (5 and up...). What a blessing! I will be working on curriculm for the little ones this week (I have the curriculm selected for the the 5 and up as well as the next month's assignments for the teachers...) I'm so excited about this... I can hardly stand it...

Tomorrow the pastor's wife and I are meeting about Vacation Bible school, so I will have a better idea of direction as well as a theme for the event...

Bible study: I have been attending a women's bible study on Thursday evenings and this week's message really struck a cord with me... Go check out Lifeway.com/bethmoore We are using the Fruit of the Spirit study... Anyway, I was working on week 3 day 1 and 2 and am amazed at the little things we women do that can really mess with our relationships especially our marriage... Don't hold yourself back from your husband! share your love and emotions as well as the intimacy with him every chance you get... Don't use excuses, you know what I'm talking about...

Let me think.... on the child front... Thank goodness for the coupons in the paper... Cameron saw the Chuck E Cheese's coupons and wanted to know what he could do to earn another trip to CC's... Well , Mom was on the ball and replied... "Pick up all your toys and don't argue about it..." I try and keep it simple... if you get your toys all cleaned up this week , I'll take you to CC's after school... plain and simple..

Date Night: if you don't do this , I highly recommend it... Mike and I had date night last night... We watched "One Night with the King" (excellent movie by the way) and had a wonderful dinner... Also found a Merlot we both like... Eola Hills has a wonderful Merlot (2005 I believe was the bottle we opened) and I'm not usually a fan on red wines.

So that just about covers this week... Hopefully I'll get a chance to post a couple more "pages" this week for you..

No comments:

Post a Comment