Friday, February 3, 2012

DIY cigar box turned marker box


One more re-purposing project to share.

This time, an old cigar box turned into a box for my Crayola Pip Squeak markers.
I had already tried to spruce the cigar box up and was storing the little markers in the box, but really wanted it to look better.

I started out painting the box with a  warm yellow Glidden Sampler I had in my stash.  I let it dry and added a second coat to make sure the previous color did not show through.   Once the paint was dry I added some fun green sticker strips. I have a stash of my old Creative Memories stickers and love finding more uses for them.  I went with green sticker and yellow paint to mimic the Crayola color scheme.   The boys know if we want to use the Pip Squeak Markers to find the yellow box.  I love the way it turned out .


No comments:

Post a Comment