Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Simple Lunch means happy kids

My boys love the snack wraps at McDonald's, but we live in the country and I don't want to drive 15 miles for a snack wrap, so I made my own version.
Unionvale HomeschoolI started with a few leaves of garden fresh lettuce, 3 small flour toritilla, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese , and a bottle of Ranch salad dressing (happened to be Ken's)
I also used 3 Foster Farms chicken tenders.

I grilled the tenders on a cast iron pan with a little EVOO until they were done.
While the chicken cooked I prepped the wraps. Each wrap received a piece of lettuce, a drizzle of ranch dressing , and some cheese.
Foster Farms Chicken tendersWhen the chicken was cooked through  I added a piece of chicken to each wrap, folded and rolled the wraps and served to hungry boys. They didn't last more than 5 minutes after serving.

Two happy and satisfied boys means high marks for Mommy!
Unionvale Homeschool
Unionvale Homeschool

No comments:

Post a Comment