Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hio Homeschool Blog Hop and building project

Photobucket

So many people know I have been wanting a larger wipe off / magnetic board for the classroom. Well after endless stops and phone calls trying to figure out something I ended up at Salem Heating and Sheet Metal. I purchased a 3' x 4' piece of heaver gauge sheet metal ($16) to put into an old chalkboard frame.

Got it home to find it was 1" too large one direction and 2 1/2 " too large the otheer directio. Mike set me up with tin snips to cut one edge.. Ok note to shelf my hands are too small for tin snips in gloves.

After I finished the one edge, we smoothed it out and then sanded down the edge of the old chalkboard and slid the 2 pieces back into the frame. I then learned how to use the air tools, specifically the grinder... what a fun tool!!! I ground off the 1" side and smoothed it with sanding wheel... we nailed it into the frame and brought it into the classroom where it is mounted on the wall... Magnets are hanging on it, waiting for the workbox charts and calendar and lists to join them.  I will post pictures later, now I'm off to a tweet chat with Hip Homeschool Chick

[caption id="attachment_616" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="finished magnetic wipe off board"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment