Thursday, March 15, 2012

D is for decisions

Photobucket
Ok so it isn't necessarily homeschool focused in the title but I'm at a cross roads as far as the coming year and we have a bunch of decisions to make.  So D is for Decisions and I'll let you guys help make them (or at least listen to your thoughts if you are willing to share.)
Cameron will be in 4th grade in August and I want to had a more serious tone to his school work. I want to challenge him but not over whelm him. Since my budget is very small, I have to look at resale value or future use of a product before I consider it.  We are going to start our History Cycle over again , so we will be returning to Creation and working toward the fall of Rome. While I'm not sure we will get through Rome I want the set up in place in case we do. So the decision part of my dilemma, I have fall in love with Creek Edge Press and the card format , so do I purchase the entire History pack at $90.00 or just the Ancient History Set for $20.00?  Also trying to decide if I want to purchase TruthQuest History (Beginnings) and possibly the Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome books at approximately $24.00 a piece or do I just use the NotePacks I already own and search online for books?  Finally do I purchase a History Spine such as Mystery of History or Story of the World or do I just wing it and rely on my old college text books for readings?
Next is Science.... Mike and I decided that next year we are going to do Anatomy with Cameron for a couple of reason. So I am looking at science programs again taking into consideration the cost as well as resale value and re-usability of the product. I have narrowed my choices to two; Apologia Exploring Creation through Anatomy  and the accompanying notebook  which would costs be approximately $50 not including lab kits or Creation Anatomy by Felice Gerwitz and it's accompanying activity kits which would run me about  $45 
I have decided that I am going to purchase the Grammar Symbols and box for Nathan and possible the Sentence diagramming set for his Language Arts boxes for next year. 
We have also decided we are covered on Math for next year. 

So there you have it, D is for decisions to be made.  


No comments:

Post a Comment