Friday, March 23, 2012

E is for Eclectic

I've always liked the word  'eclectic'. I've used it ti describe our music collection, my book collection, and now our homeschool.
According to  Merriam-Webster.com 
Definition of ECLECTIC

1
: selecting what appears to be best in various doctrines, methods, or styles
2
: composed of elements drawn from various sources; also :
 adverb

Fitting for our homeschool style mostly because of the variety in sources, but can also cover the methods we use. 

I use a little of everything for 2 reasons.. First as a member of the TOS Crew, we get to try a variety of products , and second since I homeschool on a shoe string budget I get creative with products and uses. 
Is this the ideal, no, but it works and it allows us a little freedom to explore different styles and techniques to find the perfect fit for the boys. 
Looking ahead to next year (school year is August -June... we only take July off and then we usually do learning activities and VBS), I am still coming up with a very Eclectic style as I add things to my wish list and decide between the wants and needs.


What kind of Homeschooler are you? Feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment