Sunday, October 23, 2011

New Moon and Fall Food Crafts


So unvlDad and I decided to go Festival of the New Moon this coming week with the boys.
I am planning on doing some fall food crafting as well as scripture activities.

Here are a couple of the food crafts we are going to try:


Six in the Suburbs: Chocolate & Peanutbutter Acorns: aren't this the cutest!

Moon Cookies I'm thinking of trying this or using a basic sugar cookie recipe and rolling the cookies out.





Here are some reference sites and activities we are going to use:



I also found a wonderful craft idea creating a felt Torrah scroll. Thanks to Dixon Homestead Academy for the idea


While we don't celebrate the Old Testament festivals often I try and interject them into our lessons when I can.
This year the harvesting season has taken a front seat to our studies and I want the boys to know that this year has been a huge blessing and accept it with a grateful heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment