Monday, August 6, 2012

Are your kids struggling writers? Create Better Writers can help! #hsreviews

Review Crew

Are you kids struggling with the basics of writing  a paragraph?
 What about a 5 paragraph essay? 
Do you need an action plan?
Homeschool writing
 We recently reviewed Create Better Writers, a complete program for grades 3 and up.  We received 3 separate e-books for the program. While my boys were no where ready to tackle a 5 paragraph essay, we were able to work with the How to Teach the Paragraph. This is the newest book in their collection of writing books and retails for $7.95 which is very reasonable and a good value.  Since the paragraph is a key building block to the rest of writing this is a great starting point. I like that the program focuses on teaching the students how to organize their thoughts. I remember even in college that was a critical issue for me, organizing my thoughts.

As a writer who studied writing and rhetoric in college I feel I have a pretty firm grasp on writing a paragraph and a 5 paragraph essay, but teaching it that is a little different especially when my oldest has such a different learning style. I was very thankful for The Homeschool Writing Action Plan  to combine with the e-books. I especially liked the road map concept. This little treasure added a huge value to the whole program and is worth $15.95. To add even more value they offer bundles as well to save you money and package the program for you.




How to Teach the Five-Paragraph Essay coverWe also received How to Teach the 5 Paragraph Essay which we will be using in the coming year as we practice the basic paragraph more and more. I have read through the program and feel it will also be a value. I am also thinking of having both boys and Daddy work through the program together to improve their writing overall.









Check out what the rest of the crew thought of the program by clicking the button below.
Schoolhouse Review Crew

disclaimer: we received the above mentioned e-books as a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew in exchange for our honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment