Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Healthy cookies, tis the season #CHLight

Tis the season for holiday baking, we all know that, but did you know holiday baking can be healthy and still taste good.

After trying a variety of reworked cookie recipes and failing several times I found one everyone in my house enjoyed!
This is nearly Paleo and it crazy healthy.

Almond Sandies
2 cups Almond Flour
1/4 cup wild grain flour (my blend is kamut berries, quinoa, and wild rice that I milled in my blender)
1 cup butter
1/4 cup C&H Light Blend
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

blend butter and sugar together on high for 30 seconds, add vanilla and mix on medium slowly adding flour until all incorporated. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow flour to soak up the butter.
spoon 1 inch balls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake in 325' oven for approx 20 minutes until bottom of cookies is golden brown.

I picked up Almond flour at our local health food store to try out. I'm use to working with whole grain flour but this was a first for me. I will definitely be looking for more ways to work Almond flour into my baking , it has a wonderful flavor and a unique hardy texture.

the C& H Light Blend is a good blend of sugar and stevia, not too sweet and bakes up well. I found it at my local Safeway store for around $6.00 for 2 pounds. 

Love making cookies in my Kitchen Aid mixer , though this recipe was pretty small for the bowl the butter and light sugar blend creamed pretty well together.


My old air bake pan fit 9-12 cookies so I ended up making 2 sheets at 20 minutes each sheet it worked out pretty good.
I did find they are fragile cookies but they taste really good
I also topped the cookies with a little "powdered" C &H Blend to powder the sugar I put a 1/4 cup in a small blended jar and blend on high until powdered.

C&H has a $1.00 off coupon available currently on their Facebook page you also don't want to miss following them on twitter or pinterest for more wonderful recipe ideas this holiday and the whole year. 

I'm not a Paleo die hard, but am starting to try more recipes paleo style and was happy to add C&H blend as a transition for my family. 
While I was compensated for this post, the recipe although inspired by a cookbook recipe is my own and my opinions and thoughts are my own. Thank you to DEI worldwide for the opportunity to share this recipe and my thoughts on C & H blend.




No comments:

Post a Comment