Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Women's Bible Study Notes and Thoughts

So I posted this on my myspace blog but felt I should share it everywhere...

Ok so I've been planning on blogging about this Bible Study for a while now...
Lifeway's "Living Beyond Yourself" by Beth Moore. exploring the Fruit of the Spirit.
It is a 10 week series and our group is 4 or 5 weeks into it now and I have a pile of notes/thoghts I've been meaning to post... so here goes (some might seem a little random and some yhou might have to work for a little...)
So back in the first week , it was an introduction to the series and here is what I wrote down and thought on....
She mentioned this several times... God is STILL happening!, Wow, what a serious concept... the timelessness of his word. The begining and the end, the alpha and the omega.
John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me" NIV.
John 14: 15-17 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. An I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Conselor to be with you forever- The Spirit of truth, The world can not accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you knowhim, for he lives with you and will be in you." NIV
so here is a list of verses I wrote in my notes regarding the journey we were going to embark on.
Psalm 27:13
John 10:10
1 Corinithians 2:9
Philippians 3:12-14
John 11:43-44
2 Corinithians 1:8-9
Collosians1:29

Session 2: Living by the Spirit
Confessions and concerns need to be dealt with before you can begin to take in the WORD of God and share the WORD.
Sometimes we are overcome with a desire and need to figure out what is leading us to that desire so we can ask for God's help avoiding those situations and handling them better.
Identify the feelings in the moments be for we take an action. Knowing the feelings we have before we act on a desire can help us again avoid those actions that are not Godly in nature.
So here is the list of verses:
1 John 1:9
Psalm 139:23
salavation versus satisfaction
Proverbs 13:12
Psalm 90:14

Session 3: Love
This was an overwhelming week and I will save it for another blog as I am still sifting through the notes and emotions. Hopefully I will be able to put into words the experiences we felt.
Session 4: Joy
Choose Joy!
Luke 10:20 rejoice in knowing our names have been written in the heavens.
Especially during this time of year, I grab onto the Great Joy in the resurrection and the power of God to overcome and grant us salvation through Jesus.
Psalm 30:5
For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weekping may remain for a night,
but rejoiceing comes in the morning.

This coming week is Peace, what will it hold... I'll try and post after our session tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment