Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Remember Tim

In my high school years I was very political and had very different opinions on lots of things. Now, I'm more conservative and more take care of it ourselves and leave the government out of my business. That aside, I still am not a big fan of political talk radio or television commentary, for the most part it drives me up a wall. But, over the last year or so I have come to enjoy Sunday mornings and Meet The Press on NBC. Since church service doesn't start until 1130 and we don't have to be there until 11 or so, I found Meet the Press and Tim Russert to be a good way to catch up on politics and the goings on. I was saddened to hear of Mr Russert's early death last week and touched as I watch NBC this week including Sunday as a tribute to a man who was solid in his convictions but approachable and sincere. Watching MTP had become my way of seeing the candidates for who they were not what they wanted us to see.
I only hope NBC can find someone half has committed and knowledgable.

No comments:

Post a Comment