Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lapbooking Workshops to be offered locally!

Blog HOAC 206x136

I figured I would post to the blog rather than sending out mulitple emails to different groups about Lapbooking workshops.

1. I will host a workshop locally at Unionvale Countryside Church (date and time to be determined)

2. I am looking for hosts in the Salem/Keizer, McMinnville/Newberg, and Portland Metro Areas. If you would like to host a workshop either at your home or at a local church or library please let me know. We would prefer to find locations that charge little or nothing to host an event at.

What is the workshop?

I will spend about 20 minutes talking about Unit Studies and Lapbooking with In the Hands of a Child. We will look at examples as well as a current list of all that In the Hands of a Child offers. Finally we will try our hand at a mini book or two. The entire event should not last more than 1 hour. I will have special pricing for the event as well.

Would you like to host an event?

Comment here with an email that I can contact you at and we can set up an event.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've seen your offer for a lapbooking workshop in SASHWEB. I'm new to homeschooling with my 5-year-old granddaughter, so I'm curious because I don't have a clue what a "lapbook" is. I might be interested in a workshop. Right now we are inbetween sessions with Classical Conversations and are working on phonics, math, and handwriting (printing) through the Spring and Summer. I looked at the HOAC website and was interested in the SummerBugs offer, but again I have no idea what lapbooking is, would love to know more! Thanks, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cariann,

    I am trying to find out if people from my local HS group would be interested in this workshop, if we set one up in McMinnville, but I need to know how much it will cost; at least a range, so they have all the info before making their decision. I believe the library would let us use their room, for free, if the event is open to the public, which it would be. Thanks!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete