Friday, May 1, 2009

Weekend Enlightenment.

Today is here but tomorrow is not a guarantee... Are you comfortable with where you are going?
Over the last 2 months I have been asked that question from carious angles. I heard it while watching "Fireproof" the movie and then this past weekend at the Christian Heritage Home Educators Conference it was presented from a different perspective but essentially asked the same question.

Along with the few session of the Truth Project at our local Community Church asking "Do you really believe what you believe is really real?"
and a general feeling lately that something wasn't right in my life. I am beginning to sense that I was going to hear and see things in a new light. I was blessed this past weekend while at CHHEW and realized that my actions don't reflect my desire and passion for my faith. I always thought the large church (when I say large I am referring to a congregation of well over 500) was not my style. I want to be part of the process, part of the workings of the church I attend, but over the weekend my eyes were opened to the idea that no matter what size the church is , if the people are real and honest in their faith then a community church or a large church are just the same.

Christianity as a generalized idea has been warped by society for so long that there are days I ask myself , what do I really believe and how does it fit into the definition of Christianity? I guess I would first have to define Christianity on a personal level.

No comments:

Post a Comment