Friday, July 15, 2011

I Spy Animals Game Board

Getting ready for school to start in just a couple of weeks we decided to make an “I Spy Animals” Game board to go along with Cameron’s science notebook lesson plans.  We started with some basic supplies. 
Red Cardstock
Crayola Color Markers
Various Animal pictures printed from the internet or cut from magazines

We started by having the boys color the back ground of the tri fold board with water area, grassy lands, sun, and clouds.
Next we cut the pictures out and began gluing them to the board. 
We used the Elmer’s X-TREME School Glue Glue stick to glue the pictures to the board. The large glue stick is great for Nathan’s smaller hands and being a stick glue spread an even amount of glue onto the computer paper and doesn’t muddy up the paper.





Finally we used cardstock cut letters to spell ‘I SPY animals’ and glued those on the top of the tri-fold board to title the game.  We used the Elmer’s School Glue Dual tip Glue Pen because of the find tip to trace the letters. I really like the Dual tip pen style; it is the best of both worlds with 
white school glue. One end is a fine tip pen style perfect for tracing outlines and putting just a little bit of glue on a piece of paper  or other small bit of craft pieces. The other end of the glue pen is a wide rubber spreader great for larger areas or pieces of felt (something we like to use a lot in crafts). Being Elmer’s School Glue gives me the reassurance I need.


We set the board up and were ready to play “I Spy”. For those that don’t know how to play this is what we do.
1.       First player says “ I spy with my little eye, something _______”
2.       Everyone else tries to guess what the player has spied.
3.       The person that guesses correctly gets to spy next.
To go along with our game board  all our “I Spy” sentences are similar to “ I spy with my little eye an ______________ animal” the clues will be something related to animal classification, color, habitat, etc..

(Sorry Cameron for taking a picture when the sun was in your eyes)
This was a super fun summer project thanks to #GlueNGlitter for some fun inspiration. 

****This project was compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Elmer’s #gluenglitter #chbias, all directions and opinions are mine ****


No comments:

Post a Comment