Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christian Keyboarding, a Mom looking for a skills program with a moral background

Photobucket


TOS crewAs a mom of two young boys I try and make sure all of their computer time is quality time and that the programs they use are of moral character. It is a challenge sometimes as so often the program we want them to use are filled with corny characters that only end up turning them off to the program. I was thankful to find a Christian based keyboarding program for them to use as an elective course to practice their typing/ keyboarding skills. I learned a few things about my boys while reviewing this program. The e-book we reviewed retails for $12.95 which is a great value. Being an e-book actually was a handy feature this time around. Rather than printing the e-book for the boys to look at, I ran it on our Nook sitting next to the computer screen so they could see the book.
I love that this is a fundamentals program without too much extra fluff. I learned to type using a college textbook my mom gave me at age 9 so I know the value of learning to type at a young age. I did find out that my boys struggle isn't finding the keys or remembering where the keys are, but simply their hands can't really reached the keys while staying in the home position.  So, before we continue the program (which we will be doing through out the summer) I am going to get them a smaller keyboard to use for typing class.
Keyboarding for the Christian School offers a variety of levels and add-ons to their program and while it was designed for a school setting , it worked well in our relaxed eclectic school setting just fine. The value is definitely strong with this e-book since we can use it without printing anything and we can use it as a jumping off point to further their typing skills.

Check out what the rest of the crew thought of this program!


Schoolhouse Review Crew



disclaimer: We received an e-book copy of this program as a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew in exchange for our honest review of the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment