Thursday, January 31, 2013

Theme of the week: Love

This week our Lesson theme for church is love so I decided to incorporate it into some fun crafts as Valentine's Day is coming up. We stopped at Walmart and picked up a package of foam hearts that link together. A package of 30 hearts was less than $5.00. I picked up a couple extra fine tip Sharpie markers to write of the hearts.
weekly Bible Lesson
I had the boys look up the Bible verses in several translations of the Bible.
Unionvale Homeschool
Cameron used his Deep Blue Kids' Bible in the Common English Translation and copied 2 verses on to the hearts alternating white and red.
Nathan used the Children's NIV to look up verses and write on his hearts.

He wasn't happy with me, but showed me his hearts anyway. (gotta love that face)

My crazy guy showing his hearts (he kept moving them)

We will continue the hearts this week and next and then display them across the dinning room windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment