Tuesday, September 20, 2011

21 days of Prayer for Sons winding down part 1




Well I must apologize. I have been so overwhelmed with the harvest this year that I have completely missed posting Warrior Prayers passages.  I am going to post an overview post and include the 10 verses for each day so that you can continue to pray for our precious sons.

Day 4 Integrity:  What is integrity? That is hard for my boys, especially since they are young.. I really want to teach them that no matter how hard it is or who is around them it is always better to stand up for what is right.  I love how Brooke includes Proverbs 11: 19 “He who is steadfast in righteousness will attain to life…”  Being steadfast in your faith and strong in your conviction is key and training our boys to realize that peer pressure isn’t right and that standing up for what is right take true convictions.
1 Kings 9:4
Job 27:5
Psalm 101:2
Titus 2:7
Luke 1:27
Daniel 1:8
Philippians 4:11
1Timothy 4: 12
1 Samuel 17
Genesis 12
As you pray these verses for your sons remember to ask God to give them strength as they face these challenges; and don’t be afraid to admit to them that we are not perfect, share your imperfections and failures and ask for forgiveness from not only our sons but the Father above.

Day 5 Avoiding Foolishness
The parable of the 2 types of men, a foolish man and a wise man is the perfect analogy for today’s verses. What type of men are we raising? I pray I am raising wise men rather than foolish. Remind them that foolish choices result in foul consequences.
Titus 3:9
2 Timothy 2:23
Ephesians 5:4
Matthew 7: 26
Ecclesiastes 4:13
Titus 3:3
Proverbs 14:7
Ephesians 5:17
Proverbs 19:1
Ecclesiastes 10:2


As I finish up this post  I keep reminding myself although the official 21 days is nearing the end we should always be praying for our sons, daily they need us and they need their Heavenly Father in their lives.

In him,

No comments:

Post a Comment