Sunday, September 11, 2011

Warrior Prayer: Aim for Integrity

The verses in this passage really struck me. I can guide my boys but only through God and his presence can they true be men of God. The images of young men in the  bible are strong vivid images to help guide future generations including our sons. It is our responsibly to turn the light on to those images.

In the book, Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most  on of the study guide questions  for today really made me think  " In this chapter, Brooke says, “...what's in the heart eventually comes out. I know that if their knees are ever to bend to Jesus as Savior, their hearts must bend first. And that's God's business.” Have you given much thought to what God expects of you as a parent, versus the things that are really His job? Make a list ..of things that you know are your job, and compare it with a list of things that God says are His job."

Take a moment on ponder that list before you pray these verses for sons.
1 Kings 9:4
Job 27:5
Psalm 101:2
Titus 2:7
Luke 1:27
Daniel 1:8
Philippians 4:11
1 Timothy 4:12
1 Samuel 17
Genesis 12

Again, I pray for not only my sons but sons of my friend Dustin Hughes  as he battles cancer  and baby Nathaniel as he battles Leukemia at the young age of 6 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment