Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Obediance: 21 Days of Prayer for Sons




Romans 16:19

King James Version (KJV)
 19For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

Obediance is such a struggle for so many children. I know my boys have a hard time following the "rules" and even worse struggle with the idea that Mom and Dad have rules but then God has rules too... So much for them to take in . 

Today's focus on obedience goes beyond just our boys. We are to teach them, but are we obeying God's rules ourselves; or are we falling into the "Don't do as I do, but do as I say" mentality?  I know I struggle with this myself. As I pray over my boys the verses for today I am reminded myself to obey. We are to teach our children the way that they shall go. Teach by example even older children learn by watching their parents and grandparents. Be honest with them even when we mess up.


Tonight's verses are:
Jeremiah 42:6
Ephesians 6:1
Hebrews 12:17
Acts 5:29
Deuteronomy 30:2
Deuteronomy 13:4
Jeremiah 26:13
John 15:10 
John 14:15
Romans 16:19


I use Biblegateway.com to look up verses online. I also recommend picking a color to highlight verses in your Bible , and make a note in the back cover to remind yourself what the colored markings were for. (ex. 21Days4Sons fall 2011, written in the color you picked )
If you haven't gotten a copy of Warrior Prayers yet, I highly recommend it.  You can print it off and make notes and work through the study questions each day as you journey through this time. I will continue to list the verses as a reference as we pray for sons. 



I have included a link to purchase the book on Amazon , this link is an affiliate link and purchases from this link result in a small commission paid to me from Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment