Monday, December 19, 2011

Go Back in time and learn with Vintage Remedies for Kids #hsreviews

Photobucket

Do you long for a simpler life, a more natural life?  I know I do, even as I sit here typing this review with my cell phone beeping next to me (ironic I know).

PhotobucketWe try and work toward a more natural healthy environment for the boys. Through out the spring, summer , and fall we work with our garden and harvest in an effort to save money, but also eat and live healthier.  I was so blessed when we received our Crew copy of Vintage Remedies for Kids to review and work with Nathan on.

What is Vintage Remedies for Kids? This book is a curriculum for ages 2-6 focusing on healthy food choices and how to make fun and healthy snacks.  Each lesson is age appropriate and has a hands on activity to go along with the lesson. Since this age group (including my Nathan) learn better doing then just listening, all 18 lessons are designed in that fashion. The book doesn't have a lot of pictures but is packed full on fun and healthy snack ideas.

We had a blast making our own butter in a pint jar! He especially loved making it because we got to use it for dinner and then breakfast , and even shared it with a friend that came over.

The book itself is small but fill of information and was actually interesting for my 9 year old son Cameron. He listened along with Nathan as I read the lesson and then helped and did the activities without an attitude.  The sprial bound format is great too as it makes it easy to use in the kitchen as well as a great way to "mark" the lesson you are on by opening the book all the way.

The book is available online through Vintage Remedies website and retails for $25.00.  A littler higher than some of the books we have used but well worth the price.  There are other books in the series as well; Vintage Remedies for Girls, for Boys, and for Teens.  The program is great for small classes, homeschoolers, youth groups, etc..

Be sure to check out Vintage Remedies Facebook Page  and  Twitter



Photobucket

 Check out what my Crew Mates thought of these amazing books HERE

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my opinion, no other monetary compensation was received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment