Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Repurposing project to help organize

I love finding new uses for things and repurposing them.

Here are my latest.
First: re-purose a pencil pouch

I had several of these pencil pouches left from a Children's Claritin  event, wanting to use the leftovers but needing to make each one a little different I decided to paint them.

I painted over the logo using some Glidden paint testers I had left over from some other DIY project.  It did take a couple coats to cover the logo, but that wasn't an issue, I used my hair dryer to promote the coats drying faster. It took 3 coats of paint to get the look I really wanted.



The boys and I decided the paint over looked like a post-it note and would be perfect for labeling the bags.This one has Primary Pencils and their sharpeners in it. The second one has regular pencils and the third one is empty but only temporarily , I know if I don't fill it my husband/ principal will find a use for it in the sound gear.


The second re-purposing project:
The Huggies Diaper Wipe box.

Again a couple of coats of the Glidden Sampler Testers  and we have a marker pens box that has a nice large "label" on the front.



Now the Crayola Marker pens will have a nice home. I do have a different box of the Crayola PipSqueak Markers that needs a make over but I will save that for another day.












The Children's Claritin items mentioned in this post were part of a sponsored activity where I was provided with product for an event, however their use and mention in this post are unrelated to that activity. This post is  a personal post of my opinions, experiences, and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment