Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hanukkah and Christmas Week #unit #lesson,

I finally put the finishing touches on our Hanukkah and Christmas Week Family Lesson.
My husband is a student of Christian Science and the boys and I study with him, so I patterned the lesson after the weekly bible lesson of the Christian Science Church.
We will have 9 lessons over the 8 days of Hanukkah with our focus being the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22,23).
Each day we will focus on one fruit.  During our regular school times we will be reading various story books on Hanukkah as well as craft activities including a craft stick menorah, felt  driedal pencil decorations, and craft stick star of David.  For Math we will add a couple games of driedal as well.
Each evening after our lesson is read the boys will receive one gift.  This was two-fold, first spreading out the presents and second taking the focus off Christmas presents and hopefully realizing that everyday is a gift and that Christ's love for us is/ was the most precious gift.

Due to copyright issues I'm not sure I can share the file I created... I will look into it and if I can I will post it here... In the mean time I hope everyone has a blessed holiday and that Love shines brightly for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment