Friday, April 19, 2013

Simple enchiladas, a family favorite

A couple of years ago I came across a recipe in a Sunday Coupon slick using Campbell's Cream of mushroom soup to make enchiladas, my family loved it. Since then I have modified the recipe and it has become a family favorite.

6 large tortillas
2 cups shredded chicken (I used frozen chicken I had packaged earlier this month from a rotisiery chicken I bought)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated  cheddar cheese  divided
1 small can green chilies (mild for family)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa (I used homemade but you can use your favorite)
1 1/2 cups salsa or enchilada sauce

Nathan helped me make dinner tonight to show of the recipe

unvlmom's spot
I love my old school grater especially for cheese. This bowl is the other half of the cheese from the recipe , it will be used for topping.

unvlmom's spot
Combine everything except half the cheese and the salsa or enchilada sauce
unvlmom's spot
Fill each tortilla with about 2/3 cup of filling, roll each into a long casserole pan (I think this is a 9 x 13)

unvlmom's spot
I usually end up with 6 enchiladas, I will often double the batch and freeze one tray for later.

unvlmom's spot
Top with salsa or enchilada sauce

unvlmom
Cover enchiladas with the other half shredded cheese.

Place in a 350' oven and bake for 20 minutes (mostly just to heat everything up and melt the cheese)

Each of the boys will eat 1 , Mike will eat 2 1/2 and I will eat 1 1/2. When the boys get older I'm sure it will be a double batch when I make them.

Serve with salad for a complete meal!

Enjoy!

This post originally appeared on Unionvale Mom's Spot. Since it is a family favorite and my boys ask for it frequently I decided to share it here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment