Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Bible Lessons

As a Christian Homeschool family we work Bible Lessons into as many of our units as is possible.  We start our week with a Scripture verse as copywork for the boys. As a family we study our Weekly Bible Lesson during lunch as the table, and when ever we are doing a unit study we find scripture verses that apply to the study.  My husband and I have found it important to include the Bible in as much of our day as possible. We strive to give the boys a good foundation and in order to do that the Bible gives us the firm foundation to base our trust and our knowledge on.
The hymn “How Firm a Foundation” really says it all for me. 
I believe that I have that firm foundation is what inspires me to keep going on our homeschool journey. Each new day I know that I am leading my children down a narrow path but I know that along that path their will be inspired words to keep them going.
There are so many lessons to be learned from the Bible. My only hope is that I can inspire my boys with a few of those wonderful stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment